Stereo features can be matched taking occlusions into account.
RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces the initial release of RE:Match for Adobe® After Effects® and Adobe® Premiere Pro®.
RE:Match takes intuitive color and texture matching to a whole new level by addressing common problems on multicam and stereo shoots. RE:Match is a set of plug-ins to match one view of video or film to another so that it looks as if it was shot with the same camera and settings. RE:Match assumes that both image sequences are taken roughly at the same location but perhaps were not shot at the same time or from the same point-of-view.
For general multicam shoots RE:Match matches, as best it can, one sequence’s overall color appearance to match that of another. For stereo pairs, RE:Match can further refine the overall color match by taking into account that the two views are captured at the same time with a relatively small distance between the views. In addition, RE:Match is also able to propagate color changes into areas that are present in only one view. RE:Match can also make other details, such as reflections, specular highlights, and lens flares be consistent between the two views.
Nick Brooks, Academy Award and Emmy Award winner for visual effects, says RE:Match provides “amazing color matching for stereo pairs… really!!! The specular and optical aberrations matching is high quality and very effective. Like all RE:Vision Effects software, it’s nicely parameterized for pro-users, but works out of the box.”
Johnathan Banta, stereo pipeline designer, says “The smart guys at RE:Vision Effects have created a very cool toolset that I have been lobbying for for a long time. Brilliant!”
* Ability to globally color correct one sequence to match another.
* Ability to globally color correct a whole sequence based on a particular point in time, or can be performed separately for each pair of frames in both sequences.
* Ability to perform automatic global (whole image) color correction based on a smaller window of pixels for each of the image sequences.
* Works well with over bright values and very wide dynamic ranges.
* Matching for stereo pairs takes advantage of internal per-pixel registration using optical flow methods.
* Stereo pair matching takes into account occlusions.
* Stereo pair matching takes into account that the two images may not have corresponding details at some of the edges of the frame.
* Stereo matching has controls for making details, such as reflections, lens flares and specular highlights match between the two views.
* Methods provided to remove or attenuate on-lens artifacts (such as water drops on a lens).
* Because RE:Match uses internal pixel registration, stereo matching does not require image alignment prior to use.
* Visualization modes are provided to visualize and guide what RE:Match is doing internally.
* Not limited to any particular resolution of images.
* Works on all bit depths, including HDR images.
Availability and compatibility:
* After Effects and Premiere Pro, CS5 or later. RE:Match only supports 64-bit applications.
* RE:Match is now part of the Effections Plus bundle for After Effects.
* RE:Match for After Effects and Premiere Pro is prices at $329.95. Special introductory offer: $249.95 through December 31, 2012.
* RE:Match floating licenses are available for $499.95. Special introductory offer: $379.95 through December 31, 2012.
* RE:Match is now included Effections Plus, v10, for After Effects. Effections Plus is priced at $1199.95.
* Volume discounts available.