From 13th to 15th June, the international forum Dimension 3 will see the gathering of professionals and experts from around the world to present the latest state of the art equipment and applications in the industry of new images, from their creation to their screening. This forum, which aims at providing clear guidelines in terms of production options and market opportunities, has become a must attend event in Europe over the last 5 years and where professionals who have made the new dimensions of images a part of their development strategy. Dimension 3 is a hub dedicated to creation, production, broadcasting and visualization. For its sixth edition, the Forum offers a series of talks and workshops and also includes a S3D content marketplace plus a S3D festival and a recruitment area.
TECHNOLOGIES PRESENTED ON THE FORUM
S3D Filming – Broadcasting – Projection – Conversion – Augmented Reality – Special Effects – Animation – Digital Cinema – No glasses 3D Screens – Grading – 4K – Multi-view – Interactivity
– Ultra High Definition – High Dynamic Range – Previsualization – Cloud – Storage – Lenticular Images – 3D Printing
SOME DIMENSION 3 2012 HIGHLIGTHS
“Establishing 3D perspective”, a keynote from Sandra Karpman (Pixar)
A HFR demonstration
Back stage of the animation feature The Lorax (Dr Seuss) with Jon Ra Benson, stereographic supervisor of the film
SOME CONFERENCES 2012
A conferences cycle highlighting Augmented Reality applied in the areas of city, training, marketing and entertainment.
The added value of new technologies in the field of event organisation
How can Cloud help post production?
The list of conferences is now available online on www.dimension3-expo.com/uk/conferences.html
WHAT’S NEW ON THE FORUM IN 2012?
• An international S3D marketplace featuring a video library, business meetings, a meeting area where buyers and producers/ distributors can get together.
• A Talents’ Wall with a touch screen: this area aims at putting recruiters from international studios in contact with young graduates in the field of images.
• An S3D training course for producers, in partnership with S3D Campus and sponsored by the EU’s MEDIA programme.
• The event is centralized in one large hall: the Dock Pullman. This place, fitted with brand new business meeting areas, in order to welcome the Forum plus S3D Campus training. This organization favours synergies and consequently networking opportunities.
DIMENSION 3’S PRIORITY MARKETS
Cinema, TV, Education, Entertainment, Marketing, Communications, Event organization, Research, Manufacturing
DIMENSION 3 2011: KEY FIGURES
80 exhibitors promoting new images from filming to screen
37 countries represented
3 800 visitors
More than 100 films in competition during the Festival
30 conferences and 120 speakers