• A 3D content offer on the Dailymotion platform
• …soon available on mobiles
A 3D channel on the Dailymotion platform
Orange and Dailymotion are launching the 3D channel that was presented at the Web 11 event in Paris on 8 December. The channel will be online at www.dailymotion.com/fr/3D and available on all computers in anaglyphs for use with 3D glasses as well as on 3D compatible computers.
For this launch, Orange is making most of the 3D programmes which can already be viewed as part of its TV offer (channel 333 on Orange TV and on video on demand) available to web users.
Web users will be able to view Mag3D, a 26-minute monthly magazine programme launched on 28 November, produced by 3ème Œil Production and hosted by Pierre Mathieu who, with a guest, presents current 3D news topics with a variety of regular items:
• The lab: a flick through the best 3D images of the month
• What’s new in 3D: cinema releases, DVDs, exhibitions, Video Games, Videos, Music videos, all the must-sees in current 3D culture
• Marie’s latest gadgets: New technologies expert Marie Barraud presents the recent High Tech items of the month
• Relaxation zone: 2 minutes 30 seconds of pure entertainment in 3D. Cooking, travel, interior design, sport… this is the “chill-out” moment of the programme.
• Last but not least: the programme finishes with tomorrow’s talent revealed, showing a short film produced by a promising 3D director.
In parallel to the programme, the Mag3D website www.lemag3D.com offers web users the chance to experience impressive and interesting aspects of visual media.
There is other content available by category on the Dailymotion 3D channel: documentaries, film, music… Web users can also discover the treasures of Guyana in the first episode of “The Greatest Forest in the World”, take a moment to relax by watching 3D entertainment on MyZentv or relive a modern historic event with the wedding ceremony of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock.
The content available on this 3D-dedicated channel will be enhanced over time with Dailymotion partner and web user content, among other items.
When users upload videos onto Dailymotion, they will be able to specify that their video is in 3D. The programme will then appear in the dedicated space and remain accessible on the other pages of the website.
…soon available on mobiles
The content offer available on this dedicated 3D channel will shortly be expanded and available on mobiles starting in February 2012.