Intuitive new software offers upgraded TrueVelocity rendering engine, a variety of new special effects and end-to-end 3D editing workflow for video enthusiasts interested in making movies at home
CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW) today launched a new version of its award-winning PowerDirector video editing software. Designed with a variety of new features that enhance the movie making process for prosumers, PowerDirector 10 is the fastest consumer video editing software on the market and includes innovative new editing tools, features and enhancements, in addition to the most comprehensive 3D editing suite, making it easy and fun to create high quality home movies.
Users will welcome several new features, including a choice of 3 different editing modes, enhancements to a flexible 100-track timeline, automated beat detection, integration of pro-quality plug-ins from third-party partners, animated painting tools, time lapse controls, and free-form picture-in-picture video cropping tools.
PowerDirector 10 also includes a rich set of powerful 3D video editing tools that enable consumers to import, edit and produce 3D material. Customers can transform their 2D videos into 3D productions in a few simple steps and gain access to a comprehensive consumer 3D video editing suite.
Additionally, CyberLink’s video rendering engine has been enhanced to provide faster and even more efficient video production, regardless of format and resolution. Its unique TrueVelocity 2 solution dramatically improves the quality of the editing process by harnessing system GPU power, via OpenCL, to deliver a 6-fold speed increase in the rendering of effects. PowerDirector 10 also includes a new H.264 media encoder designed to rapidly process HD video, eliminating the lag time often experienced with most other consumer video editing solutions.
“Serious video hobbyists want more capabilities than simple tools or cameras can supply but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg for a professional solution nor do they want to spend weeks learning it”, said Rob Enderle, Principal Analyst for the Enderle Group. “PowerDirector 10 from CyberLink addresses this need with a comparatively easy to use set of tools that still provides professional level features. In short, with PowerDirector 10, they get the result of a professional tool without the cost in cash or time.”
“PowerDirector 10 is the fastest and most complete software for the increasing number of consumers who capture video, including HD and 3D, with their camcorders, cameras and smart phones,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “The new 3D capabilities allow users to take any 2D photo or video and easily convert it to 3D. Whether it’s a vacation video or a soccer game, PowerDirector 10 brings a whole new dimension to consumers’ movies.”
Additional Key Features in PowerDirector 10
PowerDirector 10 includes a variety of new features designed to make the video creation experience more creative, faster and easier than ever. In addition to the TrueVelocity 2 rendering engine, new features include:
* OpenCL Hardware Acceleration Support – PowerDirector harnesses the power of the system’s GPU and applies it to 48 video effects to greatly improve the speed of the editing process.
* Intelligent & Fast Video Rendering – CyberLink’s patented SVRT technology automatically analyzes the types of media and formats used in a project to select an output profile for optimal rendering speed.
Innovative Movie Creation Tools
* Pro-Quality Editing – No matter how simple or complex a project is, customers can professionally edit video and audio tracks using a wide variety of tools, transitions and effects all on PowerDirector’s flexible 100 track timeline.
* Perfectly Timed Editing- Beat Marker provides an extra level of precision by analyzing a soundtrack and placing markers at major beat points so customers know exactly where to position transitions and effects. Keyframe Control lets users edit all of their effects in a single setting, to achieve perfect synchronization.
* Professional Effect Plug-ins – PowerDirector 10 now supports professional third-party plug-ins from NewBlue FX, adding a wider variety of effects and transitions to the toolkit.
* Paint Tools- Customers can now take advantage of new paint tools that allow them to record free-hand drawings and integrate them into a video project.
* Time Lapse Video Tool – For users looking to speed up or stretch out video and slideshow images to tell a compelling story, they can now easily do it in the timeline using PowerDirector’s new intuitive tool.
Making Editing Easier than Ever
* Multi-Mode Program Launcher – A new start-up screen designed to aid in the creation of videos and slide shows, making it easier than ever to get a project started.
* Movies in Minutes – For customers new to PowerDirector or video editing, or just those who need great looking videos in a hurry, a set of Magic tools turn video and photo content into polished movies with only a few clicks.
* Audio Normalizer- Customers can now normalize all audio files on a timeline track, for a smooth, professional sounding production.
Comprehensive 3D Editing Suite
* Support for Native 3D Videos and Photos – From all popular formats.
* Conversion of 2D Content into 3D – Leveraging PowerDirector’s TrueTheater® 3D feature.
* Expansive Editing Support – 3D titles, 3D particles, 3D effects and 3D menus.
* Broad 3D Format Output & Disc Burning – Burn to industry standard 3D Blu-ray, 3D AVCHD or 3D DVD discs and watch it on 3DTV, or output to side-by-side video or MVC files and then transfer to 3D smart phones and other devices.
Free Effects, Menus, Tutorials & more!
CyberLink boasts the web’s number one community of video editing enthusiasts, DirectorZone, which currently has more than two million members. Customers have free access to more than 200,000 effects, titles, menus and tutorials, which can easily be imported into their PowerDirector projects. Customers share tips and tricks, best practices and original effects and templates.
PowerDirector 10 is available today and can be downloaded from the CyberLink online store or purchased at a variety of retail outlets including Office Depot, Tiger Direct and Fry’s. PowerDirector is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, and Dutch. CyberLink offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers. A free trial download is also available from the CyberLink website.
CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Versions
PowerDirector 10 Ultra: US $99.95
PowerDirector 10 Deluxe: US $69.95
Upgrades for previous PowerDirector versions are available starting at US $49.95