Demonstrations of Interactive 3D Lighting & Look Development Tool at IBC 2011 in Amsterdam (Stand 9.A59)
The Bakery, the 3D computer graphics software company, is pleased to confirm support for mental ray® scenes in the latest version of Bakery Relight™, their all-in-one interactive 3D solution for lighting professionals. Bakery Relight launched earlier this year at NAB 2011 in Las Vegas, and has swiftly garnered plaudits and strong support from early adopters worldwide. Demonstrations of Relight will take place at the forthcoming IBC show, at the RAI Convention Centre in Amsterdam (9.-13. September 2011 – stand 9.A59).
“We made our first presentation of mental ray integration in Relight during our recent Tech Talk at SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vancouver, and were blown away by the level of interest,” says Bakery co-founder and CEO, Erwan Maigret, whose credits include Technical Lead on “Shrek 2,” “Madagascar” and “Shrek the Third”.
“We are integrating support for mental ray in a special version of Relight, which will enable users to export their scenes (from mental ray) after their animations have been completed, load them in Bakery Relight for further modifications and refinements, before final rendering. We anticipate that this version of Relight will be available to users in Q4 2011. ”
“Our goal is to promote Bakery Relight as the number one relighting interface for a wide range of rendering solutions – Bakery Renderer being one of them. In this way, lighting artists are free to use alternative rendering solutions as and when required – with the same lighting application.”
Bakery Relight offers users a unique range of lighting and look development tools, including:
• An extensive and customizable suite of interactive lighting and shading tools, combined with a powerful, full-feature rendering engine
• Immediate, “final image” quality feedback within a single tool setting
• High-quality lighting, including matching CG to live action, by enabling progressive, interactive refinement of properties and detail
• The capability for multiple users to access the same data simultaneously or work in parallel, with easy ins-and-outs at a single or remote locations
• Built-in compositing tools for CG animated content
Bakery Relight is also a powerful, interactive look development management tool, which enables users to test complex hair and skin looks with fast and highly detailed image previews, as well as apply intricate lighting scenarios to complex scenes instantaneously.