twofour54 intaj launches MENA region’s first dedicated stereoscopic 3d lab. New lab provides end-to-end production solutions from production to training
twofour54 intaj today launched the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region’s first Stereoscopic 3D lab, making it the only facility of its kind in the Middle East to offer dedicated facilities, equipment and expert support across the third dimension.
Wayne Borg, Deputy CEO and Chief Operating Officer at twofour54 said: “The new 3D lab is an exciting addition to twofour54 intaj’s existing facilities. The introduction of this facility will help support the opportunities that Stereoscopic 3D is opening up to content producers across a wide range of media and entertainment platforms.
“It is clear that 3D has had a massive impact on the entertainment industry recently – four of the top grossing US films in 2010 were filmed in 3D; however, there are significant other media business opportunities that our new 3D lab can support, such as advertising, computer-generated imagery (CGI), animation, corporate videos, events and even industrial and medical applications. Launching this type of facility is another example of how twofour54 actively responds to market demands from across the region for facilities and expertise that meet international standards,” he concluded.
The new lab has been designed to become a hub for all stereoscopic 3D activities in the region; providing end-to-end production solutions in stereoscopic 3D – from cameras, rigs, specialist AVID edit suites, Baselight colour grading – through to finished productions and a specialised Research & Development Centre.
In addition to the state-of-the-art facilities and services, the new lab will provide a range of training solutions in conjunction with media training academy twofour54 tadreeb. The programmes on offer have been designed to comprehensively train both students and production professionals in the latest 3D techniques using the very latest in high-tech equipment and will be delivered by twofour54 tadreeb’s highly trained instructors.
Hasan Sayed Hasan, Head of twofour54 intaj said: “In developing our new 3D lab, we selected a core set of hardware and software that are considered to be the industry standard tools for Stereoscopic 3D production. We also ensured that the facilities brought in provide flexibility to the 3D content producer; for example, the Element Technica Quasar rig was used exclusively for the 3D telecasts of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, and can be utilised with a wide range of cameras and in different configurations. The editing and finishing tools from AVID, Filmlight, and the 3D Plug-ins offer also a wide range of tools for various types of productions.”
The new lab will cover four key areas of activity:
1. R & D Centre & Testing Platform
* 3D Lab will work with selected projects testing Beta versions of editing systems– supported by 3D Lab’s cutting-edge technology & software/hardware
* This combination of technology and expertise will help break new ground in 3D
* Bringing Stereoscopic 3D best practices to the Region, we offer Stereo QC (quality control) to 3D film productions, Broadcast 3DTV programmes and advice to 3D hardware and software manufacturers.
2. S3D Commercial Hub providing a multitude of S3D services
twofour54 intaj will be the only hub in MENA offering a range of S3D equipment and services spanning the whole production chain including:
* Stereo rigs: ElementTechnica Quasar
* SONY HD cameras
* Panasonic AG-3DA1E twin-lens camera system
* Edit suites (including AVID)
* Grading suites (including Baselight colour grading)
* 3D 2k projector (RealD system)
* JVC and TVlogic 3D monitors
* Panasonic HDC-SDT750
* GoPro Hero 3D System
* Fuji 3D W3 Camera
* SI-2K Cameras
* animation/gaming applications
* presentation/corporate on CD/DVD/blue ray
* print advertising
* projection technology
With the expansion of S3D globally, library footage will soon become highly sought after and increasingly valuable. 3D Lab gives you the added advantage now, with:
* Simple and direct access to 3D footage
* Accessible search tools to the Library footage bank
* Relevant and high quality footage
The new lab will provide a range of training solutions in conjunction with twofour54 tadreeb and is aimed at:
* Students looking to specialise in 3D
* Professional looking to expand their skills
* Companies seeking to understand business opportunities
Total life-cycle support for production projects in 3D:
* Feature films
* Slow-motion footage
* Cinema advertising + TVCs