June 11-14, 2011 Organized by York University and 3D FLIC
The Toronto International Stereoscopic 3D Conference is a one of a kind international gathering of experts in the stereoscopic 3D art and entertainment arena. From June 11 to 14, 2011 major figures from Canada, Germany, Russia, UK and USA will meet to discuss, analyze and contextualize the “new era in 3D cinema.”
* acclaimed director WIM WENDERS, on his latest masterpiece PINA
* CATHERINE OWENS, co-director of U23D and installation artist
* international film historian THOMAS ELSAESSER
* master cinematographer and stereographer PETER ANDERSON
* veteran filmmaker GRAEME FERGUSON, co-founder of IMAX
* vision scientists, scholars, filmmakers, artists and the major S3D industry players.
* Resident Evil: Afterlife
* Hubble 3D
* and excerpts from speakers’ latest films including Neue Road Film’s PINA (premiered last February at Berlinale) and SK Film’s Flight of the Butterflies (to be premiered)
All panels, presentations, key-notes and master-classes will be held at the 350- seat 3D capable cinema of the TIFF Bell Lightbox. Speakers will showcase their latest materials in stereoscopic 3D during their presentations.