ARRI Unveils ALEXA M Modular Camera System
ARRI is developing a further model in the ALEXA family of cameras: the ALEXA M – a new, flexible solution consisting of a separate camera head and body. ALEXA M is tailored for action photography, tight corner shots and 3D productions. Based on cutting edge ARRI technologies, the M model features the same exceptional image quality that has made ALEXA the most powerful digital production system ever built.
The M head is optimized for small size and low weight, offering the greatest flexibility when used on lightweight 3D setups. Multiple mounting points on top and bottom allow an easy setup onto existing 3D rigs. Head and body are connected with a fiber optic cable that can also be used for powering the head, depending on distance. The backend provides various recording options, just like the standard ALEXA does: images, sound and metadata can be recorded onto SxS cards or on external recording devices, offering different kinds of workflows. ALEXA M has a PL mount, works perfectly with all existing 35mm lenses and is compatible with a wide range of ARRI accessories.
Working prototypes of ALEXA M will be exhibited at IBC 2011.
ALEXA M benefits:
* Same exceptional image quality, reliability and versatile workflows as all of the
* cameras in the ALEXA range
* Separate head and body for more flexibility on set
* Small form factor of head
* Weight of head approx. 2.5 kg
* Quiet operation
* Full 3D sync functionality
* Fiber optic interface between front end and back end for long distance signal transmission
* Power over fiber/copper cable or local power supply
* Multiple 3/8-16 and M4 mounting points on top and bottom
ARRI Unveils ALEXA M Modular Camera System — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>