DPLenticular and LENSTAR.org have teamed up to create the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award. This award, which has specifically been created to reward and encourage companies and individuals in the development and use of lenticular printing throughout the marketing and communication mix, will be given during the International S3D and New Images Forum (May 24-26 / Paris area, France).
Participating in the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award is free of charge, and the contest is open to any candidate, person or company, having activities in the field of creating, processing and printing of lenticular images.
The winners of the LLPA 2011 edition will be announced on May 26th on the LLPA stand of Dimension 3, the International S3D & New Images Forum in Paris. All entries will be shown during the 3-day Forum, which creates a visibility, both for lenticular print and the participating companies.
To cover the entirety of applications for which lenticular images are suited, 5 different categories have been defined:
– Sales materiel: Merchandising products such as postcards, posters, etc.
– Premium promotional material : Objects, magnets, gadgets, accessories, gimmicks, etc.
– Packaging material : Book or magazine covers, CD, DVD, in-pack content, partial or full on-pack content, other packaging, etc.
– Promotional material : Point of Sales or Point of Purchase such as poster, shelf tag, wobbler, display, aisle decoration, face frames, etc.
– Large format : Any format between 711 x 1016mm (28 x 40 inches) and 1219 x 1828mm (48 x 72 inches) Produced in offset or digital.
There will be one winner (award) for each of the five different categories. The winning candidate will be awarded with a “Lenstar Lenticular Print Award” certificate, and a digital Lenstar Lenticular Print Award logo they can show on their websites or in other forms of communications.
There will also be a Public Prize. The visitors’ favorite will receive the “LLPA Supreme Public Preference” Award.
– Creation : relevance and impact of the message, originality
– Technical prepress : DPI quality, printing synchro
– Technical printing : color synchro, phasing and colorimetric profiling