Vivitek Corporation, a leading manufacturer of innovative visual presentation products, enters the Pico projector category with the Qumi, the company’s new line of LED-based pocket projectors. To maximize the company’s strength in LED-based projectors, the new Qumi (pronounced Q-me) projectors enhance Vivitek’s family of projection devices for a wide range of applications.
Weighing in at only 617 gram (1.6 pounds), the Qumi is the first pocket projector to be 3D-ready via Texas Instruments’ DLP® Link™ technology. The Qumi’s touch sensitive button controls and sleek design is ready to be used with a variety of devices, including, but not limited to digital cameras, laptops, smart phones and tablets. Vivitek’s Qumi projector is versatile and portable enough for both work and play, making it ideal for sharing digital content.
“With the Qumi line of LED-based projectors, Vivitek now has a complete line of projector models to fit just about any need and application,” said Holger Graeff, General Manager EMEA, at Vivitek. “We know that hours of operation, brightness and picture quality are key factors for users. The Qumi projectors incorporate the latest LED and other leading-edge technologies and features, such as 3D, to ensure that it is versatile enough to match the range of portable products out in the market.”
Qumi Key Features/Specifications:
* Native WXGA (1280×800) resolution
* Up to 300 lumens of brightness and a 2500:1 contrast ratio
* 3D-Ready (via DLP Link) and a DLP chipset from Texas Instruments
* 617 gram (1.6 pounds); Dimensions: 160(w) x 31(h) x 100mm (d) / (6.3” x 1.2” x 3.9”)
* 30,000+ estimated LED hours of operation
* Connectivity options include: Mini-HDMI, Universal I/O (24-pin connector for VGA/component input), 3.5mm video-in, 3.5mm mini-jack audio-out
* USB and MicroSD slots for content and memory expansion
* Built-in 1W speaker
* Offered in a black or white finish
* Available in May 2011; Estimated list price in Europe €599,00 including VAT.