3Droundabout is an online trade magazine for stereoscopic 3D content creation, delivery and display. 3Droundabout covers any application that requires professionally produced 3D content, such as broadcast, theatrical film, digital cinema, digital signage, events, education, home cinema, gaming, and other commercial applications, and will touch on some of the more interesting consumer developments.
3Droundabout is published by SYPHA. SYPHA was founded in 1989 to provide consultancy and research services for the professional AV industry.
Its founder members, Yasmin Hashmi and Stella Plumbridge, are highly-qualified electronics engineers whose experience of consultancy includes projects involving industry, government and education.
Within the media environment, SYPHA has experience in writing, commissioning and editing for many leading trade publications, and first began publishing its own specialist equipment guides for the professional audio, video and broadcast industries in 1990.
In 2001, SYPHA successfully transferred its guides from print to the Internet at SYPHAonline.com, where they enjoyed a significant increase in readership.
Having recognised a need in the residential side of the AV industry for those who can understand, explain and apply technology, SYPHA responded in 2003 by launching HiddenWires, an online magazine for the home automation and residential systems trade.
After watching the development of stereoscopic 3D for nearly two years, SYPHA launched 3Droundabout in April 2011 to provide an online information resource for its growing use in many vertical markets.
Online publications by SYPHA include:
- 3Droundabout newsletter
- HiddenWires newsletter
- The HD Kit Guide
- The NLE Buyers Guide
- The DAW Buyers Guide
- The Pro Camera Guide
Print publications by SYPHA include:
- 3Droundabout 3D@IBC2012 Supplement (September 2012)
- 3Droundabout 3D@NAB2012 Supplement (April 2012)
- HiddenWires@ISE 2012 (January 2012)
- 3Droundabout 3D@IBC2011 Supplement (September 2011)
- HiddenWires@CEDIA Home Technology Event (June 2011)
- SYPHAnews@NAB2004 (April 2004)
- The NLE Buyers Guide – 1st Edition (April 2000)
- The DAW Buyers Guide – 1st Edition (February 2000)
- The Internet for Broadcasters – 1st Edition (September 1996)
- Tapeless Technology in Radio Applications – the User’s Point of View (October 1994)
- The Nonlinear Video Buyers Guide – 1st Edition (September 1994) through to 5th Edition (April 1999)
- Nonlinear – A Survey from the User’s Point of View (November 1992)
- A Review of the Digital Audio Workstation Market (October 1991)
- The Tapeless Audio Directory – 1st Edition (January 1990) through to 7th Edition (September 1998)
- A Review of the Hard Disk Recording Market (April 1989)