By MSU Graphics & Media Lab (Video Group)
The report presents detailed (342 pages) evaluation results of 5 S3D films, which were captured with stereoscopic camera systems.
Dolphin Tale (2011)
Drive Angry (2011)
The Three Musketeers (2011)
excessive horizontal disparity
The report comprises three main parts.
• Thorough description of visual-discomfort potential causes while viewing stereo 3D films
• Detailed analysis of five films. Each film description consists of two parts:
- Full per-frame analysis with charts showing metric values for each frame; (see page from report)
- Visualizations demonstrating artifacts in frames that earned a poor rating according to our metric.
• Overall film comparison. Here go charts depicting the average metric values and distribution of these values in each film
Professional stereographers contributed to the analysis with valuable comments and feedback:
Ross Copeland, Online Editor / Stereographer & Colourist, Post Production Consultant
Clyde DeSouza, Author, Stereographer and Creative Technology Evangelist
Alfredo Gonzalez, Stereoscopic Consultant / Stereographer
Srboljub Hetlerovic, Stereographer, VFX Supervisor
Jon Karafin, Senior Scientist and Director of Production Technology at RealD
Julian Napierr, Director, Editor, Stereographer
Celine Tricart, Independent Filmmaker and Stereographer
Download the report here.
Source: Graphics and Media Lab, CMC department, Lomonosov Moscow State University.