The Main Attractions:
· 4K Creative DI and Beyond. ASSIMILATE is featuring SCRATCH 4K DI workflows powered by HP Z820 workstations from Versatile Distribution Systems, AMD FirePro Graphics, and 4K displays from Eizo and Sharp.
Renowned colorists and VFX artists Leandro Marini (Pitch Perfect, Hours), Ken Gust (Agent 88, Night of the Living Dead 3D) and Raphael Kourilsky (The Storm, The Others) will demonstrate how SCRATCH has empowered post-production artists with powerful, real-time software for streamlined 4K workflows since 2007, at a fraction of the cost of big iron systems.
ASSIMILATE will showcase a wide range of 4K footage on the 5.5 meter x 3 meter mini VR-Wall from Schneider Digital.
· SCRATCH and SCRATCH Lab Version 8. ASSIMILATE is demonstrating the next version of its award-winning DI and production dailies software. SCRATCH v8 and SCRATCH Lab v8 feature more camera formats and a unique gallery that enables artists to save looks, grades and user settings in the cloud so they can be accessed from project to project, or even from system to system.
· Advanced Dailies. With hundreds of commercials for clients such as Cadillac, Volkswagen and Citigroup to his credit, on-set colorist and Local 600 DIT Mark Wilenkin will demonstrate the benefits of fully color-corrected dailies using SCRATCH Lab. Working from his custom cart, Mark will highlight how he uses SCRATCH Lab’s QC, audio sync, metadata handling, powerful background rendering capabilities, and world-class color grading, to deliver Advanced Dailies to DPs, such as Paul Cameron.
· HOT on Wheels for Production Dailies. ASSIMILATE is featuring ((Radar)) Remote from Radar Mobile Studios. See hands-on how the ((Radar)) Range Rover empowers feature productions with first-class, touch-screen SCRATCH Lab dailies solutions, from the studio to rugged locations and beyond, processing footage all the way. The quiet interior is comfortable and productive because it’s built around the greatest tech on earth – the human.
· 4K Optimized, turnkey workstations from Versatile Distribution Services. The hardware spotlight is on Versatile Distribution Services’ optimized integrated solutions built on HP workstations, high-performance Sonnet storage, AMD graphics, and SCRATCH. Ideal for 4K grading and playback, these workstations deliver amazing performance and reliability.
SCRATCH and SCRATCH Lab will also be featured in the following locations at NAB 2013:
· CineSys-Oceana/Alt Systems suite in the Penthouse at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel (adjacent to the convention center).
· Bluefish444, booth #SL9721
· Codex Digital, booth #C6048
· Maxx Digital, booth #SL13305
· 1 Beyond, booth #SL7423
· JMR, booth #SL10124
SCRATCH Digital Workflow Tools
ASSIMILATE’s SCRATCH provides a “post house in a box” — from dailies, to conform, color-grading, compositing, and through to finishing — and SCRATCH Lab, a robust dailies or VFX review digital pipeline, deliver the industry’s most comprehensive toolset for data-centric digital cinema and episodic television productions for 2D and 3D stereo projects. Both products support multiple formats, including ARRI RAW, Sony F65 and F5/55, Phantom, and Canon 5D, as well as enhanced support for RED ONE, RED ONE MX, SCARLET, and EPIC at all resolutions. All versions of SCRATCH and Lab software, running on Mac OS X and Windows, feature SDI and 3G output via AJA Kona 3G graphics cards, fast dailies rendering, and improved metadata and time-code handling.