The Hollywood Post Alliance Presents 19th Annual Tech Retreat
Powerful Confab Heads Back to the Desert for Insight, Conversation and Demonstration by Industry Thought Leaders
For nearly twenty years, the Hollywood Post Alliance® (HPA) Tech Retreat® has drawn the top creative and technical experts involved in the creation and management of content to a conference where compelling ideas and new products are explored in lively conference sessions, networking events and demonstrations. The Tech Retreat is an informal meeting of the minds, where industry leaders in engineering, technology, creativity and strategic business; that are engaged in all aspects of digital-cinema, post production, film, television, video, and related endeavors, meet in an unparalleled environment for the exchange of knowledge and information. The gathering helps to define and clarify the development of technologies driving the industry. This year’s event returns to the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells in Indian Wells, California (Palm Springs area), on February 18-22, 2013.
Long recognized as the place where serious industry professionals go to connect and delve into the most current and relevant topics impacting the industry and their work, the HPA Tech Retreat presents significant opportunities for participants to stay competitive and informed of important industry issues and trends during the many networking events, presentations and technology demonstrations.
An overview of events at the HPA Tech Retreat include:
* Monday, February 18, Charles Poynton presents his highly regarded Technical Aspects of High[er] Frame Rate seminar.
* Tuesday, February 19, The HPA Super-Sized Session kicks off the HPA Tech Retreat with More, Bigger, but Better? – a look at the impact of higher resolution, higher frame rates, larger color space, higher dynamic range, more audio channels/objects, bigger screens and the push for all around pushing the envelope. Expert panelists speaking on this compelling topic are Leon Silverman, Phil Squyres, Stuart Bowling, Craig Henighan, Gilbert Lake, William Files, Jed Harmsen, Garrett Smith, and Evan Edelist, from companies including Park Road Post, Reliance Media Works, Sony Pictures Television, RealD, Dolby, and more.
* Tuesday also features the ATSC Seminar on Audio Loudness Control.
* Wednesday and Thursday will include back-to-back presentations on topics covering production and post, acquisition, IT, engineering, broadcasting, asset management, digital-cinema and distribution, manufacturing and much, much more.
* Breakfast Roundtables: Wednesday through Friday mornings put experts in a wide array of compelling issues in small group conversation about meaningful topics, including Cloud-Based Post Production, Ultra-Violet, Channel Sharing, File-Based QC, 4K Camera Workflows, the Workforce in Post and other developments and trends affecting the industry.
The HPA Tech Retreat Demo Room, completely re-imagined this year, will present over 60 leading companies and technologies in up close presentations and conversation.