3D[FWD] – VANCOUVER JANUARY 24 & 25
Emily Carr’s S3D Centre and The International 3D Society will host 3D[FWD], a conference focused on the business of 3D, on January 24 and 25 at the Vancity Theatre. The conference brings together leaders from a cross-section of industries, such as healthcare, advertising, entertainment, and digital media to explore the impact of 3D technology in today’s marketplace and for the future.
Leaders and innovators in 3D from Hollywood, London, and Canada, including an Academy Award winner, will showcase, discuss, and debate some of the latest developments in 3D, and explore how the 3D transformation will affect business. With more than 50 major 3D movies scheduled for release in 2013, millions of 3DTV sets being sold in the global marketplace, and an abundance of stereoscopic consumer products to be launched, it is an opportune time to learn how 3D can be used as a powerful business tool.
Topics to be covered include Storytelling in 3D, Canada’s Evolving 3D Landscape, Finance and Content Licensing, Post Production, 3D Conversion, and Advertising and Marketing in the 3D Space.
Confirmed speakers include:
· Adam May, Head of Production, Vision3
· Buzz Hays, Founder, True Image Co. Inc.
· Colin Jenken, Technical Art Director, Gener8
· David Brenner, CEO, Principal Media
· Grant Anderson, Executive Director, Sony Pictures Studios
· Ian Herring, Founder, Parallax Film Productions
· James Stewart, Director/Producer, Geneva Film Co.
· Josh Hollander, Director of Production, Pixar
· Mark Lasoff, Visual Effects Supervisor, Gener8
· Matthew Smith, Stereographer, Vision3
· Robert Neuman, Stereographic Supervisor, Disney Animation Studios
· Toni Myers, Producer/Director, IMAX
3D[FWD] conference also signifies the launch of the first Canadian Chapter of the International 3D Society. The International 3D Society merged with the 3D@Home Consortium in August to create the world’s foremost organization of companies and individuals committed to the success of 3D storytelling, technical achievement, and consumer adoption. Member companies include: The Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, DreamWorks Animation (DWA), Sony Pictures Entertainment, Samsung, IMAX, ESPN 3D, 3net, CCTV China, bSkyb UK, 3D Consortium France, Korea Telecomm, Panasonic, Sony Electronics, Sony Playstation, StereoD, Intel, Microsoft, Vizio, 3ality Technica, RealD, Masterimage 3D, XPAND, and Dolby, among others.
For the latest updates, more information and ticket purchase go to: