Fight your way through the third dimension with TransISTor 2012!
Three summer workshops in stereoscopic 3D movie making are taking place in Prague. First one is focused on S3D documentary filming (2.-5. July), the second on fiction (9.-12. July), the third on postproduction of S3D material. However, the common theme of all parts is Boxing and the participants will be allowed to shoot within the box training center.
Among the lecturers and tutors are such masters as Yves Pupulin (Binocle 3D), Bernard Mendiburu (AAsterion Production) or Tomáš Petráň (FAMU Prague). The call for participants was just opened so do not miss the chance to get the reduced price and check also the scholarship possibilities.
Transistor is a multidisciplinary training initiative offering European film makers in the audiovisual sector intensive workshops focused on new technologies in the preservation techniques and methodologies for digital audiovisual works. Last editions (there already had been 7 series) are dedicated to integrated approach to 3D cinema and stereoscopy (script, storyboard, development, distribution and sale strategy). The course is organized by CIANT Prague (International center for art and new technologies) and, besides its complexity, its traditional goal is to bring the opportunity for creative contact with experienced professionals from the film/audiovisual industry and connected areas.
Extended deadline for 10% reduced fee is 30.5.2012.
Standard deadline is 20.6.2012.
Last scholarships are still available.
# 1. | S3D Documentary – Closer to Reality | 2.–5. July 2012
- cameras and optics suitable for S-3D documentary filming,
- methods of S-3D preparation “on the fly”,
- possibilities of S-3D for new ways of narration in documentary movies, etc.
# 2. | S3D Fiction – Imagination Expanded | 9.–12. July 2012
- storyboard and script specifics of S-3D,
- theory of S-3D shooting (alignment, convergence, depth, etc.),
- S-3D equipment (stereoscopic rig, beam splitter, etc.),
- S-3D personnel (stereographer, etc.),
- tracking the stereo rig (match moving),
- capturing movements of actors (motion capture),
- CGI scene composition and stereoscopic rendering,
- image-based lighting.
# 3. | S3D Fiction – Final Touches | 27.–30. August 2012
- colour grading,
- special effects,
- sound effects,
Supported by: The project is supported by EU MEDIA Programme, MHMP – Prague Municipality, Ministry of Culture of Czech Republic
Partners: Binocle 3D, Dimension 3, Audiovisual Training Coalition, Neural Mag, Pokrok Studios, Magic Lab