Renaissance Hotel Demo Suite, NAB 2012
eyeon Software Inc. announced today a significant commitment to supporting NVIDIA CUDA™ technology. As an aggressive, early adopter of GPU-accelerated solutions for digital content creation, eyeon continues to partner with technology experts like NVIDIA, which understand the advantages of GPU computation. Supporting NVIDIA CUDA optimization is a natural extension of that relationship.
eyeon’s award-winning compositing system, Fusion®, and its complete line of image processing and management applications utilize NVIDIA GPU technology to provide massive processing power for VFX finishing of feature films, stereoscopic and broadcast production, making Fusion accelerated by NVIDIA GPUs the dominant VFX solution behind many blockbuster films.
“It’s simple. The hundreds of CUDA cores on NVIDIA graphics processors allow for tremendous interactivity and finishing speed. By accelerating the artistry, the finesse of a sequence is much more in tune with the creative process. Processes that would take an hour per frame to render now become interactive. Not only does this make the artist’s creative control better, it also means delivery and deadlines can be met,” Steve Roberts, CEO and Creative Director, eyeon Software.
With CUDA, there are now many more advantages to the NVIDIA / eyeon development cycle, including:
· eyeon’s Deep Volumetric rendering technology now runs over 100 times faster on an NVIDIA Quadro® GPU versus a CPU.
· eyeon’s full HDRI floating point rendering via CG renderer utilizes the flexibility of advanced shaders on NVIDIA CUDA cores.
· The ability to view eyeon in stereo using NVIDIA 3D Vision® technology directly within the application.
· Many other computationally intensive tools are also now supported, such as Defocus, Rays, 3D noise generators, plus some Fractal generators.
· eyeon is also currently working on certification of its products on new NVIDIA Maximus™ technology, which features an NVIDIA Quadro GPU paired with an NVIDIA Tesla™ C2075 processor running in the same workstation utilizing a unified driver.
“eyeon Software is realizing tremendous performance gains through the power of CUDA and NVIDIA GPU technology,” said Greg Estes, industry executive, Media and Entertainment, NVIDIA. “For example, eyeon’s own benchmarking tests have shown that their Fusion 3D renderer on CUDA, running on a system equipped with our NVIDIA Quadro 2000, takes less than one second per frame, compared with running it on an Intel Core i7 CPU with SSE4 optimization, which takes 90 seconds per frame. There’s simply no comparison.”
eyeon software is also working with other key partners, such as AJA, Avid, GenArts, and others, to further support Fusion on CUDA rendering platform.