The Foundry, Hall 7 B21 at IBC 2011
Leading visual effects software developer The Foundry will take up residence in Hall 7 Stand B21 at IBC 2011 – This is the company’s 9th year as an exhibitor at the show. Visitors looking to enhance workflow and boost productivity in digital VFX post production will find a wide range of world-class solutions on offer.
· New Product – The Foundry will unveil a new product at IBC slated for release in Q4 2011. A demo will be available at the show. If you’re in the world of short form commercials or episodic TV, make an appointment to see a demo.
· NUKE & NUKEX – Launched July 2011 with new features including Denoise, Particles and Deep Compositing. NUKE is a ‘best in class’ compositing application being used on all major VFX productions worldwide – live action and CGI feature films, episodic TV and short-form broadcast, commercials and music videos. Guest demos include: Blue Bolt – Game of Thrones, ILM – Transformers 3, MPC – Street Summer C4, Framestore – Captain America: First Avenger, BlueBolt – Game of Thrones.
· KATANA – is the new way to do lighting and look development. Replace conventional CG pipelines with a flexible recipe based asset workflow, enabling rapid turnaround of high complexity shots, whilst maintaining control of all aspects up until render time. KATANA is currently still in BETA with 1.0 set to launch later this year. Guest demos from the original developers SPI – Smurfs/Green Lantern
· NUKE <> MARI Bridge – debuted in the release of MARI 1.3 V2, The NUKE <> MARI bridge helps artists fix problems encountered with projection work including seaming, stretching and occlusion. It’s a quick, intuitive matte painting workflow between the two products.
· MARI – is a Photoshop replacement 3D paint tool designed from the ground up to meet the needs of the VFX texture and matte painting artists. Open and scriptable, MARI can be dropped into any pipeline. Released this summer, V2 features include Ptex, displacement preview, snapshots, tiled textures and the highly anticipated NUKE <> MARI bridge.
· OCULA – is a unique collection of plug-in tools for NUKE that solve common problems with live action stereoscopic imagery, boost productivity in post production and ultimately help deliver a more rewarding stereoscopic viewing experience. Released in July, 2.2V2 will be on display along with a preview of the forthcoming tools set for OCULA 3.0.
· PLUG-INS – We haven’t forgotten about PLUG-INS either. You can see The Foundry’s own plug-ins and GenArts’ Sapphire for NUKE at the booth.
· Touching NUKE – The Foundry has been researching how to make an iPad play with NUKE. We’ll be previewing what we’ve come up with so far.