b.TWEEN 3D – 21st July – BFI Southbank
It’s 60 years since the first 3D screening at the BFI Southbank but this is no retro-fest – leave your 3D glasses at the door and let your hair down at this mind blowing day that includes:
– Augmented Reality – you’ve heard all about it but come and see it in action – yes there really will be an elephant in the room
– An Artificial Intelligence welcome desk – be greeted by a reception-bot
– Mind your step – sensory triggers will provide a new way to explore films in the BFI’s foyer.
– You can even take home a 3D souvenir model of yourself…
On the 21st July, at the BFI on London’s Southbank, thought leaders and innovators from the games, advertising, TV, film, science, fashion and education worlds, will all gather to imagine a future when the virtual spills from the screen onto the streets.
There will be an open panel of world thought leaders ready to discuss and answer your questions that you can either tweet in or raise your hands to ask.
Guest speakers include:
– Baroness Susan Greenfield, Oxford University
– Rebecca Allen – Director of Nokia Research Center Hollywood and Nokia Research Center Cambridge
– Martyn Ware – Heaven 17, Future of Sound
– John Newbigin – Chairman of Creative England, Rachel Armstrong – senior TED Fellow
– Philip Delamore – Senior Research Fellow in Digital Technologies, and the Director of the Fashion Digital Studio at the London College of Fashion
– Mark Earls – author of “Herd: How to Change Mass Behaviour by Harnessing Our True Nature”
– Evan Grant – creative and technologist, founder of collective seeper
– Mick Hocking – Head of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios’ stereoscopic 3D team.
Some of the many questions that we’ll be thinking about…
– What will come next – the movie or the technology?
– With the concepts in sci-fi movies now becoming reality will the writers/movies inspire the next phase of technology or will the technology write the script ?
– What is the future of computers when contact lenses are being developed that mean you can surf the web without a screen ?
– When will we all be able to live in a smart building that responds to us and our environment ?
b.TWEEN 3D, supported by Sony, is something new.
Book before 7th July and use the code “3droundabout_btween3d” for a 20% discount.