The D512-3D, D536-3D and D538W-3D Feature Technology That Converts 2D Content into 3D Without an External Box – InfoComm 2011
Vivitek Corporation, a leading manufacturer of innovative visual presentation products, announces the shipping of its 2D-to-3D D5 series of projectors. The new D5 projectors, the D512-3D, D536-3D and the D538W-3D, feature conversion technology that take existing 2D content and convert images into 3D pictures, without the use of an external box.
The first in Vivitek’s line of projectors to utilize this built-in conversion technology, the D5 series takes standard DVD and Blu-Ray™ content (via HDMI) and switches it from 2D to 3D. The three projectors can also display 3D content from 720p/1080i at 50/60Hz and 1080p at 24Hz from 3D Blu-Ray players or other 3D sources, such as cable or satellite boxes.
The D512-3D, D536-3D and D538W-3D feature DLP and BrilliantColor™ technologies for bright, digital images. Add in high-efficiency lamps that last up to 4,000 hours (in economy mode), and the three projectors are an amazing lightweight, presentation solution.
D512-3D, D536-3D and the D538W-3D Key Features/Specifications:
* Resolutions: D512-3D native SVGA (800×600) | D536-3D native XGA (1024×768) | D538W-3D native WXGA (1280×800)
* 2600 lumens (D512-3D) | 3200 lumens (D536-3D and D538-3D)
* 3000:1 contrast ratio
* Connectivity options include: HDMI, VGA, S-Video, Composite, RS-232, Mini-Jack audio-in, RCA audio-in
* Keypad lock feature to avoid accidental change to the settings
* Rapid on/off feature
* Enhanced color and display adjustments
* 4.2 pounds
* Available July 2011
* MSRP: D512-3D $ 549.00| D536-3D $649.00 and D538W-3D $749.00
“This latest technology represents a breakthrough for Vivitek,” said Christopher Yang, senior product manager at Vivitek. “With the 2D to 3D built-in conversion, consumers are able to enjoy 3D content without needing to purchase or set-up an external box. These projectors offer great image quality and a variety of connections for multiple video sources. We’ve packed a lot of features and technologies into the D512-3D, D536-3D and D538W-3D projectors, all within a compact design.”