Insight Media, a leader in advanced technology market research, is pleased to announce the release of the 3D HDTVs with Passive Polarized Glasses Report: A report on the technology, trends and forecasts for passive polarized 3D in HDTVs. This is Insight Media’s 6th report on the 3D industry. The report is available immediately for $1,500 for a single company site license.
CES 2011 saw the debut of passive polarized 3D HDTVs from a number of key worldwide brands. These new 3D products will change the landscape for 3D HDTVs in 2011 and beyond. They allow for the use of low-cost polarized glasses instead of the heavier and much more expensive shutter glasses. However, the passive 3D HDTVs do have lower 2D and 3D image performance, so which will consumers prefer? This is the key industry need this report seeks to address.
“Insight Media has used a variety of analyses to look at all aspects of the 3D HDTV market in developing this forecast,” commented Insight Media President, Chris Chinnock. “We have developed a set of methodologies that seek to understand the dynamics, trends, motivations and potential for the 3D TV markets from multiple perspectives. We have combined these methodologies with sophisticated analytical tools and our comprehensive knowledge of the market to develop this forecast. Our forecast from a year ago was quite accurate, so we trust we can continue to offer valuable analysis and forecast information to the industry again.”
Key findings include:
* Passive polarized 3D HDTV products will find a strong position in the market over the next few years
* Patterned retarder and active retarder solutions are both likely to garner significant market share
* Glass-based patterned retarder solutions are likely to give way to film-based solutions relatively quickly
* Passive solutions for AMOLED 3D HDTVs are likely in the forecast period
* Passive solutions for PDP 3D HDTVs are less likely, but may be commercialized as the market rapidly adopts passive solutions
The report provides detailed analysis of:
* Various technology solutions for passive polarized 3D HDTVs
* Price-performance-competitive analysis
* Market development analysis
* Consumer feedback analysis
* Purchase decision analysis
* Market penetration analysis
* Market potential analysis
Forecasts are provided in three scenarios:
Each forecast scenario is further broken down to provide details by seven geographic regions and four different passive technology solutions.