SGO will showcase its high-end flagship DI and stereoscopic 3D post production system, Mistika and live on-set application, Mistika Live at NAB this year. Located at SGO’s booth SL8220 in the South Hall from 11th – 14th April, the company will unveil Mistika’s version 6 , revealing a set of incredible 2D and stereo 3D features.
Already credited with the most advanced stereo 3D toolset on the market, and acclaimed for its mind-blowing speed, Mistika provides ground-breaking levels of creative control for stereoscopic material. It is also now empowered to support up to 5K real-time colour grading. It has become the most sought-after stereo 3D system, with highly developed functionality in both 2D and stereo 3D, offering advanced editing, compositing, colour correcting and grading performance. As stereoscopic 3D production gains momentum, Mistika steps up the pace with new features summarised below:
Mistika Version 6 New Features Summary
* RED EPIC & ARRI ALEXA 5K native support
* Meta-data and codec Raw included in the intake flow
* Stereo 3D interlaced and progressive, for cinema and TV
* Numerous new stereo 3D tools
* Speedier than ever Graphics Processing thanks to GPU calculation parallelisation.
* DCP Output Module enabling the creation of digital cinema packages
* Re-conforming against the Mistika timeline, retaining effects and placing them them in new positions and durations.
* New render-farm management with multiple GPU render nodes support in SAN architectures
* Stereo Colour Matching, pixel-by-pixel
* New GPU based Effects: Optical Motion Blur, 3DLUTS/1DLUTS and Debayer
* Mistika’s new version offers, on average, a 50% increase of performance speed and power in real-time
* Virtual Slate defined by the user for dailies
* New Mistika Live module for shooting adjustments in real-time, dailies creation and MXF for offline systems in formats such as MXF, DnxHD and many others.
The new upgrade will also make it possible to re-conform in the timeline, while still retaining previous effects, with the option to move them to new positions and durations. New exciting stereo 3D tools include a highly advanced “Matching Colour” feature, which effortlessly corrects polarisation and illumination, with the mere touch of a button. Another stereo 3D highlight is the “Depth Map” tool which solves practical issues, such as colour differences. Other key features include an increased optimisation for the entire production workflow process, with the main emphasis on significant speed enhancement for native and real-time Raw file data-handling for cameras such as the RED EPIC, ARRI ALEXA, Phantom, Weisscam and SI-2K. Furthermore, Mistika, has been developed to support the CineForm RAW™ digital intermediate codec, used by Silicon Imaging Cameras, such as the SI-2K, and is now supported natively in Mistika, without required conversions, and all in real-time.
The latest exciting innovations will also apply to SGO’s Mistika Live which allows SGO’s powerful stereoscopic and colour correction tools to be taken on set, to either provide pre-visualisation and preliminary post production settings, or to be used in a live setting. It is the ultimate work station in a stereoscopic 3D shoot environment and an essential on-set tool that enables shooting adjustments in real-time as well as the creation of dailies, media files and editorial.