iPONT Takes Glasses-Free 3D Digital Signage From Concept to Real-World Application
Businesses that deliver digital, out-of-home advertising to consumers can now create 3D content centrally and distribute it quickly and easily with the new iPONT Network Content Manager System (NCMS) from iPONT International.
The only scalable 3D cloud-based content management service for digital signage applications, the iPONT NCMS helps manage networks from anywhere in the world, with training and support included for the subscription period.
“Digital out-of-home advertising is without question the digital signage market segment where 3D adds the most value,” said Dale H. Maunu, Editor and Analyst, Insight Media. “Although digital out-of-home advertising currently represents only a small percentage of the $160B US advertising marketplace, 3D without glasses-and its ability to impact consumers-is poised to reshape the advertising landscape.”
Attendees who visit the iPONT booth at the 2011 Digital Signage Expo (DSE) this week will experience first-hand the impact of glasses-free 3D in out-of-home advertising and entertainment. The company-a creator, converter and distributor of glasses-free 3D technology-designed NCMS for locations such as malls, airports, convention centers and sports arenas. It is also ideal for businesses offering a visual entertainment experience, including cinemas, sports bars, amusement parks and casinos.
“One absolute requirement for successful digital out-of-home 3D is that the displays and content do not require glasses,” said Glen Harper, President, iPONT USA. “According to our surveys, glasses-free 3D digital signage is 15 times more efficient than traditional 2D displays and maintains the viewer’s attention five times longer.
iPONT can offer a full range of multi-view displays with its solution, from 24-inches to 65-inches (including portrait), without the need for any kind of glasses.
Additional NCMS features include:
* Web-based content and display management and scheduling
* 5/8/9 view handling for 3D-produced content
* Real time text input
* Landscape and portrait modes
* Intuitive content and user management interface
* Scalability for small and large display networks
* Easy and intuitive setup in less than one minute
* Content and User permissions administration
* Online preview of content
* Ease of updating playlists
* Screenshot previews of content
* Proof-of-play and uptime statistics
* Content upload possibility via USB pendrive for displays without internet connection
* Reporting and statistics generation, gathering proof of play and uptime confirmation
* Upcoming stereo content compatibility
* iPONT DS Player Box, which is a bundle of hardware and player software, with the following capabilities: 3G, wifi, LAN and auto reboot
iPONT also offers a 3D content creation software package for 3D studios, including plug-ins for Autodesk 3ds Max®, Maxon Cinema 4D®, Adobe After Effects®, and an additional Offline Stereo to Autostereo Converter and a Stereo 3D Field Corrector.
iPONT will demonstrate its capabilities-including movie trailers and its own studio creations-on the industry’s largest portrait 3D screen at booth #2205 at DSE 2011 at the Las Vegas Convention Center from Feb. 22-25.