Denon, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment products, has announced its new midrange 3D universal Blu-ray player, the DBP-2012UD. Sharing the same structural and electrical design as the high-end DBP-4010UD and DVD-A1UD models, the ‘2012UD offers outstanding sound and picture quality plus maximum connectivity. Users can enjoy a wealth of network content including music, photo and video streaming from DLNA compatible devices, and access data from the built-in USB port. The £749.99 DBP-2012UD will be available in stores from March onwards.
Denon’s “universal” Blu-ray models provide superior playback of virtually all 12cm silver discs including Super Audio CDs and DVD-Audio. The newcomer features separate audio and video circuits to achieve superior audio and video quality. Moreover, it comes with a leading-edge Anchor Bay Technologies VRS (Video Reference Series) high-bit video processor, delivering Blu-ray Discs to perfection and upscaling standard definition DVDs to a level never seen before. The DBP-2012UD’s audio section features 7.1ch analogue outputs with full decoding of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. For those listeners who want to use it as a step-up CD player, the player offers a dedicated two channel analogue audio output, equipped with high-bit D/A converters (32bit/192kHz) to ensure the high level of sound quality for which Denon is renowned. Elsewhere, special coatings to the surface of the disc mechanismanda top cover with duallayers ensure the very best performance possible.
The DBP-2012UD provides easy and straightforward access to the Internet, opening up new content and networking opportunities. For instance, it offers YouTube streaming* and is DLNA 1.5-certified for audio/video/photo streaming with other DLNA certified products across a network.
The player has versatile playback options including Kodak Picture CD as well as DivX Plus HD, MP3 and WMA playback (all via either recordable DVD/CD or external memory). Denon’s DBP-2012UD will be available in a black or a premium silver colour finish from March onwards.
DBP-2012UD at a glance:
· Universal Player (incl. SACD and DVD-Audio playback)
· Blu-ray 3D Playback
· High-bit audio D/A converter (32 bit/ 192 kHz)
· External high-bit video processor with Video EQ
· DLNA support for audio/video/photo streaming via network
· YouTube streaming*
· Denon audio quality circuit with dedicated two channel output
· HD audio decoder with output via latest HDMI and 7.1 output
· Fast loading & response
· New GUI (Graphical User Interface)
· BD-Live with 1GB internal memory
· 7.1 channel and dedicated two channel analogue output
· RS-232C port
· Available in premium silver and black
* Requires firmware update; update process is planned to start around Spring 2011.