The D512-3D, D536-3D and D538-3D Feature Technology that Converts 2D Content into 3D Images Without an External Box
Vivitek Corporation, a leading manufacturer of innovative visual presentation products, introduces 2D to 3D conversion technology with three new digital projectors, the D512-3D, D536-3D and the D538-3D. The new projectors take existing 2D content and convert images into 3D pictures, without the use of an external conversion box.
The first projectors to utilise this built-in conversion technology, the newest of Vivitek’s D5 series can take standard DVD and BluRay player content (via HDMI) and switch it from 2D to 3D (via DLP® Link™ from Texas Instruments). The three projectors can also display 3D content from 720p/1080i at 50/60Hz and 1080p at 24Hz from 3D BluRay players or other 3D sources, such as cable or satellite boxes.
The D512-3D, D536-3D and D538-3D feature DLP and BrilliantColor™ technologies for bright, digital images. Add in high-efficiency lamps that last up to 4,000 hours (in economy mode), and the three projectors are an amazing lightweight, presentation solution.
“This latest technology represents a breakthrough for both the consumer and Vivitek,” said Holger Graeff, General Manager EMEA, at Vivitek. “We’ve packed a lot of features and technologies into the D512-3D, D536-3D and D538-3D projectors, all within a compact design. Now, with the 2D to 3D built-in conversion, consumers are able to enjoy 3D content without needing to purchase or set up an external box. These projectors offer great image quality, a variety of connections for multiple video sources, and they are 3D-ready to ensure next generation content can be enjoyed now.”
D512-3D, D536-3D and the D538-3D Key Features/Specifications:
• Resolutions: D512-3D native SVGA (800×600) | D536-3D native XGA (1024×768) | D538-3D native WXGA (1280×800)
• 2600 lumens (D512-3D) | 3200 lumens (D536-3D and D538-3D)
• 3000:1 contrast ratio
• Connectivity options include: HDMI, VGA, S-Video, Composite, RS-232, Mini-Jack audio-in, RCA audio-in
• Keypad lock feature to avoid accidental change to the settings
• Rapid on/off feature
• Enhanced colour and display adjustments
• 1.9 kg (4.2 pounds)
• Available in May 2011; Estimated list price in Europe to be between 499,00 EUR and 899,00 EUR