Following on from last year’s 3D study, Futuresource Consulting is delighted to announce a new updated report, ‘The Strategic Impact of 3D’, which examines the recent developments surrounding 3D in the home and evaluates the future opportunities for the broadcast industry, consumer and professional electronics sectors, gaming, advertising, optical disc replicators and the retail trade.
Although uncertainties still exist, the key elements of the home 3D market that were identified last year are falling into place (content, 3D-Ready TVs and Blu-ray players, network services and gaming) and industry commitment is extremely high, with strong interest from content creation, broadcast and hardware sectors.
In addition, original Futuresource consumer research included in this new report clearly shows a sizeable interest in 3D at home, in both the USA and Europe.
Key drivers over recent months include:
* The rapid agreement of a 3D Blu-ray standard, which has set the scene for Full HD quality 3D delivery to consumers and will help drive future Blu-ray media consumption.
* The Pay-TV industry positioning 3D as an additional differentiator, poised to deliver content to homes as soon as 3D-Ready TV sets arrive.
* The videogame industry developing 3D titles ready to play on a growing population of 3D-Ready TV sets.
* Online shifting to become a justifiable distribution medium into PCs and connected CE devices, though there may bandwidth limitations to delivering high quality 3D content for the next 2-3 years.
‘The Strategic Impact of 3D’ addresses the following market issues and opportunities:
* Do Consumers Want 3D at Home?
o New in-depth original consumer research carried out by Futuresource
* 3D TV and Blu-ray Market Forecasts
o Western Europe
* 3D Product Updates
o 3D-Ready TV products and pricing
o 2D-3D real-time conversion (in-receiver)
o 3D Blu-ray products and pricing
o HDMI standards update
o Game console 3D update
* 3D Viewing Solutions
* 3D Content & Services
* 3D Cinema Market Development
* 3D Content Origination
This 85-page report contains detailed market quantification, projections and analysis for the USA and Europe, highlighting the key individual countries leading the way.
In-depth qualitative analysis is also included, covering the key product, competitive and technology drivers that will enable 3D to become a reality, along with the strategies that will make it a mass market success.
Some 300+ interviews have been conducted globally with leading Hollywood studios, hardware vendors, cinema owners, broadcasters, content production companies, technology groups and service providers to obtain expert opinion on the future of this technology and the expected timeframes to mass market availability and acceptance.